Ancient tomb in Pomorie
In the "hollow hill" north of the camp "Europe" of four kilometers. west of Pomorie is an ancient Thracian necropolis, built the third century after Christ, the complex combines dromost, burial chamber and ancillary facilities. Partially ruffled entrance of the tomb enter the vaulted corridor 22 meters long, on both sides of a rectangular room, it leads to a round burial chamber with a diameter of 11.5 meters, built of brick, stone and mortar, in the middle of the hollow chamber passes 5.5 m and high belt diameter of 3.3 m. column in the upper part and merges with the dome in the upper part and shines natural light in the tomb are five shaped recesses of the tomb height is 8 meters and a diameter of 60 meters. Thracian tomb, but its making were used Roman building techniques, it is assumed that she was a wealthy family, played the role of the mausoleum and there were made several Thracian religious rituals. Ancient tomb in Pomorie was restored in 1959, is declared a cultural monument of national and global significance and is open for visits.