Architectural Reserve Koprivshtitsa
Author: Л. Иванова, 100 metres From Koprivshtitsa. , Gps coordinates: N 42.6372749 E 24.3598068
The beautiful mountain town Koprivshtitsa was declared a town-museum in 1952 and in 1971 was declared an architectural and historical reserve. Legends say that the town was founded by refugees after the fall of Bulgaria under Ottoman rule. His patriotic people build beautiful houses, churches and schools created to keep people's identity, taking part actively in the revolutionary struggles of its people. With his generosity to the development of education and culture during the Renaissance in history have left the names of donors Hadji Nencho Palaveev, Santa Todor Mirchev, and large and small Chorbadji Valko Chalukovi.
In the early 19th century in the country to create multiple cell schools, which marks the beginning of mass education in the country. The need for knowledge is constantly growing and this leads to new methods of training - in 1835 in Gabrovo Vasil Aprilov first each school (in which more advanced students help the weaker ones). Only two years later, in 1837, was established in Koprivshtitsa second such school in the country and it teaches West University, after leaving the famous secondary school. In West University and has taught Koprivshtitsa Nayden Gerov who in 1846 founded the first secondary school in Bulgaria by introducing class-classroom system training lessons in grammar, arithmetic, history and anthropology. In that town have born many prominent Bulgarians, and the houses of some of them are arranged museum exhibitions - these are the houses of George Benkovski School of Transport, Karavelov and Dimcho Debelyanov. In Samokov built by masters of the rich beautiful house Koprivshtitsa Nencho Oslekov (also a participant in the April uprising) is an ethnographic exhibition.
Inexpressible in words the feeling to walk along the cobblestone streets among Koprivshtitsa preserved houses, to stand on the famous bridge, which fired the first shot, announcing the beginning of the April uprising and stop icons to the local church "Assumption" (built in 1817 .), painted by Zahari Zograf.
Voted (0) Rate