Clock Tower Botevgrad
Author: Л. Иванова, 527 metres From Botevgrad.
Botevgrad is located about 60 km northeast of Sofia, at the foot of Stara Planina, along the river Bebresh. Until 1866 the village was named Samundzhievo, then it became a town and called Orkhanie. In the same year in the city center is raised a remarkable clock tower, which later became, and his character. Known name of the master, lifted the tower (the highest in the country with a height 30 meters) - is a master Vuno Markov. Known name and a master of clockwork, which is now housed in the museum botevgradsko - this is the local master ironmonger Gencho Nakov and bell ringing which is counting every hour was made of Bansko Lazar Dimitrov.
Tower Botevgrad and today counts the hours to chime like clockwork is renewed by the masters of the museum. The tower is included in the 100 national tourist sites of the SIP. She is very beautiful, with stonework at the base and baroque decorative elements - wavy moldings and murals.
New name "Botevgrad" Orhanie city receives in 1934 in connection with the involvement of local people with the revolutionary liberation struggles, and the fact that local leaders were able to redeem the head of one of Botev's detachment, which Georgi Apostolov leads to the southeast after Hristo Botev fall killed in the "Yolkovitsa" under peak Okolchitsa.
Guerrillas led last battle near Rashov dollars (near Ritlite near Lyutibrod in the Vratsa Balkan), but were slaughtered, and Turkish troops on their heads impaled on a stake and go around the surrounding villages for edification. After George Petko and Stamenov Studenkovski redeemed heads of rebels, they are buried in the churchyard in the village Skravena where today a monument ossuary.
Voted (0) Rate