see on the map
Church "Saint Trinity"
Holy Trinity church in Bansko is famous zadruzhieto, cunning and generosity of people united in the name of their great faith in God. The church is proof that when people are united with God's blessing nothing is impossible. It was built during the Ottoman rule in 1835, then the Turks allowed the Bulgarians to erect churches only in places where previously there was a religious symbol and secretly buried it Banskalii cross and a small icon in the property provided by a local donor. The property was not random, it was located in the city center, and his place was perfect to fit so coveted church.
Residents of Bansko want their church to be greater than allowed by the Turks size ie a church could not be more than one mosque and izpolozvali this little trick, placed prominently in Turkish religious church sign. Right on both sides of a large cross depicted on the largest stone over the entrance of the church, the builders put a crescent star. After the church was already completed rulers protested against its size, and ordered the temple to be demolished because it was more than a mosque. Then in response to our oppressors Banskalii emphasized that the church is bigger than allowed because it is home to both Christ and Mohammed and bears the symbols of both religions.Construction of the church is due solely to community service volunteers, craftsmen and artisans from Bansko. All city residents are actively involved with the donation of funds necessary for the collection and purchase of necessary materials. Despite the global effort to build the temple, its construction was very difficult and painful process that has gone through two stages.