see on the map
Known as the Gabrovo-Sokolski monastery church "Assumption" was built in 1833g.ot Archimandrite Joseph Sokolsky, beginning at this place appeared a small wooden church, which was subsequently replaced with today's bright temple visited by many tourists and believers. For its construction helped the residents of nearby villages. The church is a beautiful monument of the Bulgarian National Revival architecture, basilica, domed building with two konhi and open narthex frescoes CREATE pop Zograf Paul and his son in 1862. The painting ended 1935., Later the monastery became a center of enlightenment and education, opened a religious school which works Neophyte Bozveli, is a center of revolutionaries today arranged a small exhibition tells about the events happening there. Spacious courtyard is surrounded by green and pleasant smell of fresh colorful flowers, listen to the quiet murmur of eight spouts in the shape of a falcon impressive stone fountain built by master Nikola Ficheto in 1865. The complex is operating, unless the church has residential and commercial buildings, located only 4 km. of ethnographic village museum near Gabrovo. It leads to regular bus and scenic trails.